Form & Funktion

Form and Funkton is yet another design editorial, a bloggology, the rantings of a designer on design as it relates to trends, usability, society, and inner space.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006



eNook

Just about everybody I know would love the eNook. Part furniture, part storage, and part gadget, the eNook is a one stop recharging station for all your electronic gear. Keep it open to use as a temporary desk, or close it to eliminate visual clutter. The eNook comes in 3 finishes. You can even customize the inside fabric. Available at Anthro for $399.

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the eNook concept. I only have a small, narrow space to work with. Do they also make an eCranny for such a situation?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ha said...

Maybe you can rig a medicine cabinet into an eCranny.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, but when I open the door, everything slides off.
I guess I could use magnets, to hold things on to it.

Do you think it's very ergonomic if I have to constantly tilt my head to read my laptop strapped to the door?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Ha said...

Are you messing with me? Do you live in a closet? Ikea also sells this table that can be folded into the wall, but I also think it's too big for your space. Why don't you just sit in bed and put the laptop on your lap? Thus, the term, "laptop."

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Ha said...

What about these "C" tables from Crate and Barrel and West Elm. They can go under a chair and when you're not using it, you can make it a side table.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=982&f=6297&viewall=1


http://ww1.westelm.com/cat/pip.cfm?template=8grid&pkey=cfrntbl&gids=f026&cid=frntbl&area=shp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home