Form & Funktion

Form and Funkton is yet another design editorial, a bloggology, the rantings of a designer on design as it relates to trends, usability, society, and inner space.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Escala Table

My client once made the observation that I liked furniture that have linear patterns and straight lines. It is true. However, I also like furniture with wood, leather, or fabric that are clean and not fussy, since they bring warmth to a room without adding visual clutter. Since I often mix furniture styles, I rely on clean and simple accent pieces, so that when you look at a room, you don't necessarily know what style it is. You just know that it looks good and you want to be in it. The Escala Table from Crate and Barrel is a great example of what I love. It is clean, simple, functional, and warm. Best of all, it is a chameleon. It will work in a modern room or a traditional one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home